Trainee Recruitment Consultant
|Posted: 21 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Potensis are the number one recruiter within our sector, placing senior management and technical candidates in to the UK's leading house builders. It is certainly not unusual for our strong performers to have an OTE of £80,000 - £100,000+ as our commission is uncapped.
What makes us different?
Potensis understand that they key to a successful Trainee Recruitment Consultant is an in depth understanding of the recruitment process and the market they work in, which is why we have a well-established in-house training program devised by our senior management team and external trainers. This is delivered on a day to day basis by a dedicated team of learning and development managers. The training program consists of:
• One on one coaching sessions
• Research projects
• Boardroom training sessions
• Follow up training activities
• On the phone training sessions
• Sales training with senior management.
What is the life of a Trainee Recruitment Consultant?
Reporting to the head of trainees you will join our development programme. The programme takes 6 months to complete and will develop a range of business, recruitment and sales skills as you undertake a series of focused projects, receive training, one on one mentoring and ownership of personal projects. Working with our experienced consultants you’ll be delivering work for top 100 contractors and developers.
During your training, we will introduce you to many of the day to day duties of a Trainee Recruitment Consultant which will be integrated into your training to ensure that, upon promotion, you are equipped to successfully apply your knowledge and consistently achieve your agreed sales targets.
You will be fully responsible for your own time management, candidate generation and performance against targets. Some of the duties you will undertake will include:
• Market research to identify skill short areas
• Arranging interviews
• Interview preparation for candidates
• Generating new candidates
• Taking references
It is important to realise that recruitment is a sales role and 80% of your time will be spent on the phone to candidates and clients.
What can we offer you?
Potensis offer a basic salary of between £20,000 and £25,000 depending on experience. You will enrol onto our commission structure which entitles you to: no threshold and UNCAPPED commission with average earnings of a first year consultant of £30- £45k per year, second years average £60k OTE and third year consultants earn anything from £90k OTE upwards.
In addition, we offer the following incentives:
• Annual team weekends away to locations such as Las Vegas, Miami and Cancun.
• Additional full day annual leave for birthdays
• Friday drinks at our local pub courtesy of Potensis
• Incredible company culture; we are all likeminded high achievers and enjoy many social and sporting events together outside of work
• Pizza Tuesday every pay day week paid for by Potensis
• Baskets of delicious fresh fruit delivered to the office for all to enjoy
• Fantastic incentives you can win monthly such as 2 night stay in Brighton, 3 course meal and view from the shard and many more!
Our Ideal Trainee Recruitment Consultant:
Experience within a similar role is beneficial
Experience within a telephone based sales role is essential
Communication - Clear and precise communication is a must in recruitment. The ability to build rapport and influence clients and candidates is imperative.
Self-Analytical - You must be able to assess your areas for improvement and work on these in order to develop as a consultant.
Resilience - Recruitment is a tough job! There is a lot of rejection and setbacks; you need resilience and commitment to get you through the inevitable tough times.
High Achievers - A demonstration of your personal success is key. This can be from any aspect of your life, but Recruitment is ideal for someone who exceeds their targets, be it academically, sporting achievements or personal goals.
Competitive - You must have the appetite to outperform your peers and competitors and strive for success