Recruitment Teaching Assessor
|Location: Tyne and Wear
|Posted: 20 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Job Title: Recruitment Teaching Assessor
Reporting to: Team Leader IQA
Provide a varied programme of delivery in line with the required qualification specifications and offer an integrated programme of teaching, training, support mentoring and development of learners.
Quality teaching must be adhered to in line with Awarding body standards and Scheme of Works to ensure the timely achievement of learner goals and qualifications as per Company and Regulating Bodies KPIs.
This is a peripatetic role which will require delivery of skills contracts which will be geographically assigned to the role by sector competence.
- Engagement with employers and learners to deliver a quality service - meeting KPIs set for starts, new sign ups, leavers and learner progression through to completion of qualifications.
- Deliver qualifications across a range of awards where occupationally competent in accordance with the Quality Assurance process
- Effectively maintain a caseload of learners (at agreed and specified level)
- Highlight and where appropriate deal with learner issues and provide focussed learner support, and identifying and providing additional learning support where required.
- Develop and use a range of techniques and resources tailored to learner`s individual needs - supporting them throughout their learner journey towards successful achievement and completion of qualifications.
- Maintain learner information, ensuring quality and integrity of data which is accurately recorded and submitted efficiently to meet contractual requirements
- Work with the direct line manager to maintain and improve Pin Point Training`s quality of delivery across all programmes - including success rates, observations of learning, performance management and taking part in Principal Verifier visits which relate to awards.
- Take an active part in Team and Standardisation meetings
- Take an active role in preparation toward Ofsted inspections as well as taking part in Inspections as requested - This includes but is not limited to striving to achieve and maintain standards - including maintaining own CPD and maintaining occupational competence in areas of expertise.
- To also be accountable for sourcing each month an agreed number of Learner Starts (either for themselves or colleagues) and as agreed and monitored by their Team Leader IQA and as part of the KPI performance measures of this role.
- Identify new opportunities, referring learners as required to further progression, maximising direct delivery opportunities and maintaining caseloads.
- Ensure all quality and compliance processes are fully adhered to in order to mitigate risks to funding and success rates and to ensure Pin Point Training remains at least Grade 2 Ofsted standard.
- Ensure that you work to Pin Point Training`s vision, values, objectives and priorities and are strongly committed to them
- Understand and adhere to all responsibilities to ensure that the quality requirements of Pin Point Training`s Quality Assurance Framework, the prime contractor, funding body, OFSTED, DWP Quality Framework, or any other contract stakeholder, are maintained
- Promote the principles of Equality and Diversity and ensure that the policy is fully applied at all times
- Understand and be committed to all personal responsibilities under Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures, and ensure that the policies are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that the Code of Conduct, Data Protection, Harassment & Bullying, Confidentiality, Anti-Fraud, Data Security and all other policies of the Company are fully applied at all times
- Strictly adhere to all Pin Point Training processes and procedures
- Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required for the role.
- Work flexibly in the field and across offices, as and when directed by line manager.
- As necessary, and in addition to the above, undertake other activities commensurate with the nature of the post.
All Pin Point Training employees are required to demonstrate a number of core competencies
- Self management - manage workload effectively
- Relationship management - develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Clients, Partners, Sub contractors and all key stakeholders.
- Customer and Employer focused - committed to understanding client aspirations, supporting their needs.
Attitudes & Behaviours
- Represent Pin Point Training in a professional manner on all occasions.
- Strive to improve practice to be creative and innovative and work towards continuous improvement
- To adopt a co-operative approach to delivery by maintaining and promoting effective communications, sharing good practice across the organisation and with externally.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Level 3 Diploma in Recruitment or equivalent
- L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
- Sector knowledge and experience
- Geographically able to work with learners in a required area
- D32/33/A1 or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
- Knowledge on Qualification Credit Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate quality and compliance frameworks e.g. Common Inspection Framework and Matrix
- Knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery
- Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets
- Strong awareness and proactive approach to Health & Safety issues
- Able to monitor and maintain records
- Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level
- Competent in the delivery Maths and English up to level 2
- Full driving licence and full access to the use of a car (not necessarily required for London region)
- Knowledge of Government Funding streams including SFA, JCP, RDA, ESF, and private funding etc.
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation and employment law
- Skilled in customer and employer engagement liaison
- Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specifications
- At least PTLLS or other Teaching qualifications are desirable
- Demonstrate up to date occupational competence
Pin Point Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners/customers, and expects staff to share this commitment.
All Roles will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken