Recruitment / Resource Consultant
|Salary: £16000 - £20000/annum
|Posted: 11 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Job title: 1 x Trainee Recruitment / Resource Consultant / Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Technical & Engineering Recruitment
Job location: Derby, East Midlands
Salary: £Competitive + Commission + Pension
Hours per week: Up to 50 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Industries considered: Graduate in Engineering/Mathematics/IT/Human Resource Management/Business/Marketing/Law.
Reporting to the Account Manager, the successful candidate will be specifically working on a large scale Master Vendor account within the Rolling Stock industry and be responsible for the following:
Attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies.
Visiting clients to build and develop relationships;
Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, plus their work culture and environment.
Advertising engineering vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, for example newspapers, websites, magazines, Social Media - LinkedIn.
Using social media (LinkedIn) to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers.
Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work or working in a similar industry.
Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy.
Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client.
Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client.
Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question.
Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding of suitable applicants.
Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client.
Informing candidates about the results of their interviews.
Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates.
Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression.
Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated.
Recruitment consultant roles are generally open to graduates regardless of degree subject. At Shorterm we value drive, experience, skills and abilities as well as the determination to succeed over specific qualifications.
Entry level is a HND or Degree in the following disciplines - Engineering/Mathematics/IT/Human Resource Management/Business/Marketing/Law.
Entry without a degree is possible for those with relevant experience, skills and abilities.
What to expect:
* Work is office based but your time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
* A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
* The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
* Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients
* excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* excellent IT Skills - email/internet/Microsoft office
* Attention to detail is critical
* Sales and negotiation skills
* A goal-orientated approach to work
* The ability to handle multiple priorities
* Problem-solving ability
* Strong ability to meet deadlines and targets
* Ambition and the determination to succeed
* Tenacity, confidence and self-motivation
* Strong time management and organisational skills
* Excellent team-working skills & creativity.
About the Shorterm Group:
We are a progressive, vibrant company of dedicated recruitment professionals in the engineering and technical market and, employing the very best people, means we ensure the highest service levels to our clients. Established in 1972 we are now amongst the most respected engineering recruitment specialists in the UK as well as one of the fastest growing and best performing. This is evident from our status within the prestigious Recruiter's top 100 UK companies.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the recruitment industry and would like to know more then please send a copy of your CV together with scanned copies of your qualifications and passport or call Rob Wilamowski on (Apply online only)