|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
|Salary: £18000 - £20000/annum Bonus scheme available
|Posted: 11 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Are you a Recruitment Consultant - Apprenticeships, with expereince in
the Education sector looking for your next role?
My client are an established and fast growing dynamic organisation who
prides itself on employing the best people within the sector, they
have been delivering training for over 20 years, and focus on
delivering high quality Apprenticeship programmes across the Midlands
and South West in England and South and West Wales.
Awarded ‘Gold Standard Investors in People’ their philosophy is to
employ highly experienced and skilled practitioners and to develop and
optimise their potential.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to recruit a 'Recruitment
Consultant - Apprenticeships' in the West Midlands area, this role is
home based but will involve travel to meetings.
Purpose of the role:
The principal purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the
recruitment, placement and retention of apprentices. The role will
include identifying and sourcing Apprenticeship vacancies for a
designated caseload of candidates (specifically in the 16-18 age
group) and supporting learners matched to the vacancies to secure the
role and transition into employment.
The Recruitment Consultant - Apprenticeships will ensure that all
potential Apprentices are screened and appropriately assessed for
suitability and eligibility, whilst ensuring that employer interviews
are identified for all suitable Apprenticeship candidates.
They will support all potential Apprentices with the application and
interview process, ensuring all prospective Apprentices are placed
within agreed timeframes. The Recruitment Consultant - Apprenticeships
will also monitor learners at risk of leaving during initial
employment, and implement appropriate intervention strategies
Ensuring relevant sections of Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework are
observed within the recruitment process.
* Thoroughly screen and assess all potential Apprenticeship
applicants for eligibility and suitability for programmes,
ensuring observation of relevant areas of Ofsted’s Common
* Engage with a designated caseload of learners (16-18 age group)
throughout a broad geographical area
* Understand potential Apprentices’ employment ambitions and skills
for matching with current or newly identified vacancies
* Ensure sufficient vacancies are sourced to allow all potential
Apprentices opportunities for placement
* Liaise with the existing and new business teams to fill known
employer vacancies and to source new ones for specific candidates
on your caseload
* Communicate with potential Apprentices, updating them with
progress in matching them to vacancies and ensure that they remain
committing to securing an Apprenticeship
* Support potential Apprentices with the application and interview
* Where applicants are unsuccessful at employer interview, to seek
feedback and provide support to the potential Apprentice
* Liaise with employers and maintain effective working relationships
for placement of candidates
* Ensure that additional vacancies generated through the placement
process are advertised for the benefit of all potential
* To work with delivery teams to identify and support students who
are ‘at risk of leaving’ during their initial employment
* To work with delivery teams to implement and follow through action
plans with ‘at risk’ students to ensure they can remain on
programme and improve their attendance
* Ensure compliance with the learner initial assessment process
* Ensure timely and accurate completion of initial assessment,
funding documentation and paperwork to support programme planning
* To follow up on Apprentices who have withdrawn in early stages of
employment to help improve the quality of the service offered
* To provide advice and guidance to potential Apprentices on a range
of welfare issues including financial support, housing, benefits,
health and personal matters
* Maintain close links with designated specialist external agencies
and develop effective referral systems
* Participate in team and company meetings.
* Ensure fair and transparent recruitment processes ensuring
observation of relevant areas of Ofsted’s Common Inspection
* Undertake projects and initiatives as directed by line manager.
* Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
* Promote and monitor equal opportunities with staff and learners.
* Ensure adherence to funding body, inspectorate and awarding body
* Maintain and develop internal and external communications.
* Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen
* Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all
types of bullying or abuse