Recruitment and Training Manager
|Salary: £27500 - £37250/annum
|Posted: 8 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Job Title - Recruitment and Training Manager
Location - Bloxham, Oxfordshire
Hours - Monday - Friday - 40 hours.
Salary - £27,500 - £37250 PA
Responsible for the processes that lead to hiring the people for vacant positions throughout the contract and ensuring they are trained to the highest standards. Delivery of fit for purpose post employment mandatory and development training to maximise capabilities and support the operation and contract as a whole
Continuous Improvement will be provided through analysis, reporting and ongoing review and monitoring of process, procedures and learning transference.
* Ensure that recruitment is carried out for all contract departments ensuring the right skills are identified and the right people are brought into the business as required by implementing efficient and relevant selection methods.
* Build collaborative relationships with department managers to ensure that all training and development interventions are appropriate and timely and they have buy in and input to all recruitment and selection activities in their area.
* Maintain and improve cost control measures working within budget to maximise the efficiently of the department and to ensure value for money. Present business cases for additional investment that will enhance the services provided.
* Manage the training team and provide management support to the business support manager to ensure that all recruitment and training services comply with all legal, Serco and Customer standards. Ensure all processes are documented and adhered to, support internal and external audit requirements.
* Produce monthly and annual reports on activities within own remit, in particular statistical analysis of starters, leavers, training outcomes and areas of concern.
* Act at all times as an ambassador for SERCO and PECS by building and maintaining relationships with other J & I and shared services colleagues to share and take advantage of best practice, resources and specialist support.
* Produce and manage the annual operational training and recruitment plan, consult, amend and gain agreement to ensure sustainability and achievement of its aims.
* Respond to the changing requirements of The Contract and ensure that all recruitment, development and training plans are reviewed and amended to support ongoing success and Operational Excellence.
* Evaluate learning interventions and enable managers to understand the improvements in performance they should expect from attendees, to identify strengths and weakness of the learning events.
* Monitor the performance of the training and selection day teams, implement performance checklists and arrange a schedule of reviews by Operational Managers and other subject matter experts.
* Agree and implement KPIs and set team objectives to support achievement of contract strategic aims. Take remedial action when performance fails to meet the standards.
* Monitor the security screening function to ensure targets and deadlines are met, minimising risk the contract and day to day running of the operations.
* Take personal responsibility for own professional development and support the development of reports using a range of mechanism including PDRs and self-directed learning.
* Scan the external recruitment and training arenas to ensure innovation is identified and where appropriate integrated into PECS processes.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
* CIPD qualification
* Experience of manging in a multisite operation
* Experience of matrix management
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on (Apply online only) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward