|Posted: 24 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
The resourcing team at MBDA are responsible for all resourcing and full life cycle recruitment activities within the UK, including vacancy approval through to new starter inductions, internal recruitment and the processing of starters and leavers. The team’s responsibilities cover not only experienced hire recruitment but also our Early Careers Programmes including recruitment and development of graduates, undergraduates, summer placements, engineering and business apprentices, and all associated activities such as campus events, STEM ambassador activities and education liaison.
- To act as the main focal point for all permanent experienced hire recruitment activity in your assigned areas of Programmes and Business Support or where required.
- Responsible for delivery against the recruitment plan for your assigned area by being proactive and timely
- Drive direct hiring across your area and the team in order to reduce agency cost where possible
- Proactively prepare and support careers open days.
- Source / data mine candidates through various means such as job boards, LinkedIn etc and building a talent pipeline.
- Use of different attraction methods including writing and posting job adverts and negotiating with job boards.
- Creation of adverts used for different medium in conjunction with comms and graphics teams
- Drive the use of the employee referral bounty scheme
- Maintaining and updating careers site content
- Responsible for ensuring Hiring Managers review CV’s and confirm interviews in a timely fashion and are using the recruitment ATS appropriately (Taleo)
- Ensure correct agencies are being used where needed and that Terms and Conditions are up to date and negotiated.
- Keep candidates warm as part of their onboarding experience
- Develop and conduct appropriate assessments including but not limited to, competency interviews, psychometric/aptitude testing, role playing etc.
- Ensure interviews are timely and conducted in a professional manner and provide training to hiring managers where appropriate.
- Manage, gather and relay constructive feedback to candidates, agencies and hiring managers.
- Interact with hiring managers from briefing stage through to closure of role
- Build and maintain both a network of candidates and internal relationships
- Establish a strong working relationship within HR in particular across Client Facing / HRBP’s
- Build and maintain a relationship with a PSL of agencies
- Ensure resourcing policies are adhered to and are fit for purpose.
- Provide monthly recruitment reports to management and ad hoc when requested
- As part of a wider HR team, at times you will be required to respond to more HR related issues that may not be recruitment / resourcing in nature.
- Take part and run company wide new starter inductions
- of HR activities, developing ideas to improving processes or developing solutions to overcome problems
- Organise and prioritise own workload ensuring all deadlines are met, reviewing and monitoring priorities to ensure quality and standards are maintained
- Investigate problems, queries and issues, presenting conclusions and discussing recommendations
- Respond to standard HR enquiries where necessary
- Accountable for delivering designated packages of work in support of ad hoc HR projects
- Contribute to HR policy and support key people management activities e.g. Executive Performance Assessment, Non Executive Performance Award, Promotions etc where required
Skills and knowledge
- Experience working in an internal recruitment or RPO environment is essential, preferably within an HR team/function.
- Previous background experience of working in recruitment agencies to high targets would be beneficial.
- Strong team player, offer support to colleagues when needed
- Experience using recruitment systems essential. Taleo would be beneficial
- Prepared to travel across the UK, overnight stays and occasional weekend working when required.
- Numerate with well-developed IT skills – Microsoft Office ( Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- A&B qualified would be beneficial but not essential.
- Background in technical / engineering and professional recruitment required
- Good knowledge of employment law and HR issues
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable levels of interpersonal sensitivity and discretion
- Good problem solving, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to manage own time, workload and multi-task under pressure with strict time constraints
- Ability to use own initiative and challenge the norm
Why work for MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Competitive rates, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), fantastic site facilities and most importantly, an amazing team.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)