In House Recruiter
|Location: Glasgow, Glasgow City
|Posted: 10 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As an In-house Recruiter you will become part of an established internal recruiting team and hiring manager team to ensure a positive candidate experience while working to fill current openings. This position is responsible for sourcing and supporting the recruiting efforts.
A key attribute of this person will be the ability to manage a demanding workload and prioritise the fulfilment of hiring plans with directly sourced candidates.
Your role will continue building on our global culture of caring; fostering a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
* Working with members of the senior leadership team, management, clients and candidates in order to identify and attract talent.
* With the support of the Recruiters and Recruiting Manager, this position is responsible for developing effective recruiting strategies for multiple departments.
* This is a highly visible position that requires the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with hiring managers often located in different offices
* Creating and developing presentations to support recruiting efforts and present on that material to large and small groups of people.
* Identify, source, recruit and screen highly qualified candidates.
* Participates in full cycle recruiting including: research, requisition management, sourcing, cold calling, offer negations and closing.
* Ensures regular communication with hiring managers to discuss candidates and drive the recruitment process.
* Has regular communication with potential candidates and passive candidates in order to build a pipeline of top talent.
* Manage and track candidate activity
* Maintains all recruiting data and reporting metrics with a high level of confidentiality.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
* Direct Sourcing & Recruiting experience in similar markets - Civil/Infrastructure industry highly preferred. Ideally inhouse recruiting experience gained from a corporate business.
* Successfully managing high requisition workload, utilising full-desk recruiting strategies in a proactive manner
* Ability to fully utilise an applicant tracking systems - Taleo (ATS) experience preferred.
* Fully proficient with MS Office software tools (Outlook, Word Excel, PowerPoint)
* Customer Focus - Must have experience interfacing with all levels of management and leadership in a corporate environment.
* Situational Adaptability - Must be able to speak to groups of people in a presentation setting and in small group settings.
* Strategic Mindset - Influencing and driving change while showing results to business
* Resilience - Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or direction
* Drives vision & purpose - Implementing company-wide talent acquisition projects/programs
* Cultivates Innovation - Proven ability to obtain results in passive recruitment, sourcing of hard to find talent and maintaining candidate relationships.
* A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centered on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected