Customer Recruiter (Telesales)
|Location: Buckfastleigh, Devon
|Salary: £18195/annum Plus Benefits
|Posted: 13 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Customer Recruiter (Telesales)
£18,195.20 Basic (increasing to £18,650.08 after three months) Plus Commission (OTE circa £24,000)
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit.
As of June 2018, Riverford is employee owned. The company founder Guy has chosen employee ownership to protect Riverford’s values, ensure its independence, and because he believes the employees are the best people for the job. Working for Riverford makes you a ‘co-owner’, which gives you greater insight into the working of the business and more of a say about how it should be run, through our employee council and trustees. Join us to learn how we do it our way at Riverford.
What you’ll be doing
We are now looking for a Customer Recruiter who thrives on making sales to come and join the Riverford team at our farm near Buckfastleigh. The majority of the time you will be on the phone, talking to potential new customers (warm leads) about the benefits of ordering from us or talking to customers that have stopped ordering from us, trying to find out the reasons why they have left us and working with them to find a product that encourages them back to a regular order. This is a great opportunity for someone who genuinely enjoys sales to sell a product which is ethical, healthy and fun.
You will need to be engaging over the phone and use your great communication skills and ability to overcome objections, to explain just how tasty and fresh our veg boxes are. Your knowledge of the stories behind the product will mean that people want to try our products and order from us; there is a passionate community of growers, franchisees, customers, staff and cooks all involved with Riverford which creates a great buzz about our products and our customers love receiving their veg boxes straight to their door.
You may have worked in an outbound role before, or in face to face sales. Maybe you have a desire to break into sales and are looking for the right opportunity to help you grow and develop? What’s important to us is that you are able convey what is great about our products to our customers and that you have an appetite for closing sales.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, Monday – Saturday, with some evening work.
There is also the potential for part time working. Please indicate on the application form if you’re interested; this would be 20 hours a week, covering Monday to Friday.
- Calls to customers who have stopped taking a box, to understand why and see whether we can win them back
- Calls to potential new customers using different data sets e.g. leads generated at shows and farm events or through promotions, overcoming objections to turn these leads into sales
Improving how we work
- Working with the rest of the team to improve how we approach customers, using intelligence gained from customers to improve our service and product
- Contributing ideas to develop our sales strategy
- Help in other areas of the business as required e.g. in the week before Christmas when we know that it isn’t the best time to contact potential customers
The list above is only a guideline and the role will evolve over time; like all successful businesses, we need to respond as our market changes. We look for all staff to be flexible, to use their initiative, challenge the status quo and come up with ideas of how we can do things better.
Skills & experience
- Ideally experience and proven success in generating sales; this could be over the phone or face-to-face
- Customer service experience/training would be desirable
- Administrative experience preferred
- Articulate and communicative with a clear and fluent standard of spoken English, an engaging manner and an enjoyment of talking to people
- Confident in making outbound calls, establishing a dialogue, overcoming objections and closing sales
- Able to work both on own initiative and within a team environment
- Organised with excellent attention to detail; our customers like to find out about our products
- IT literate and able to navigate our software quickly and effectively to ensure maximum efficiency
- Sales training an advantage.
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too. We offer 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity, a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
To apply for the role of Customer Recruiter, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Customer Recruiter, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Business Development Executive, Telesales Executive, Sales Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Services Rep